Saturday, June 19, 2010

Expect the Unexpected




With my 3rd child, I have learned to expect the unexpected. 

I recently read an interesting article (Family Education) on the "terrible two's".  The article explores the many emotions of a two year old.  It discusses how loving and sweet they can be, as well as how sensitive they are.  A particular statement caught my eye... "And when your child feels angry or frustrated, she screams and kicks and bites like a rabid animal."   I had to laugh out loud.  Luckily we have not encountered biting with Charlie, but he can certainly pitch a fit when things are not going the way he wants them to go.  For example, he got very angry when I wouldn't let him crawl all the way inside the washing machine.  The day before I took this picture, I found him sitting inside the machine with his blankets.  What started out as Charlie helping mommy has turned into our newest power struggle.  We both are determined to win! 



I know that this picture is blurry, but I still love it!  It shows his little personality.  This is the look he gives me when I tell him "no."  Well, it is the look when I tell him "no" for the first time.  I often find myself turning around so that he can't see me smiling when I should have a serious look on my face.



Even though he can be a challenge some days, I could seriously eat him up.  I love his personality and silly expressions.  I love how he squeezes me tight when he hugs me.  And I love when he gives me Eskimo kisses.

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!