Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sweet 16

Abbey

Recently we celebrated my niece's 16th birthday. When Mack and I got married, Abbey was only 5 years old. Now she is 16 and driving. Yes, that makes me feel old. Abbey is an amazing girl. She is smart, beautiful, kind, and funny. She loves life. God has given her many blessings and she is proud to give him credit! To celebrate, the girls in the family went to eat at Macaroni Grill. Not only do they sing Happy Birthday, but they also have you wave a napkin over your head for the entire song. As you can see below, teenagers are excellent multi-taskers. She is smiling, waving a napkin, and talking on the phone. I can only imagine what would happen if I were trying to do all of those things at once!



I love the picture below. I think it captures her beauty and innocence.

The waiter brought her an enormous piece of chocolate cake that went very well with my coffee. We all enjoyed it.



She didn't tell me what she wished for, but I made a wish for her.


The girls. Abbey is wonderful with her cousins. As you can see, they love her death. Annie wants to be just like her when she grows up. I think that is a fabulous idea.


Happy Birthday, beautiful girl! We love you!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!