Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I MAY Have Overreacted

My Hero


Simon (AKA Yoggle) is a pretty good kitty.  His old and ornery, but really loves me.  He has saved the day more than once in this house.  When Charlie was tiny, a bat flew down the chimney and into the den.  Simon flew through the air and caught it.  He was my hero that day for sure!

Today was no different.  I was sitting in the chair watching the Bachelorette (recorded) when Simon jumped over my chair and landed on this HUGE, disgusting bug.  I quickly jumped to my feet and ran to the other side of the room.  I have to admit that I screamed for a few seconds.  Not a loud scream, but more of a high-pitched one.  By the time I got down from the ottoman that I was standing on, my children and Connor were in the room.  Luckily, the bug was no longer attempting to fly, but it was crawling. 


I grabbed my camera and yelled for Max to get it out.  The children were not near as scared of this thing as I was.  In fact, they were saying things such as "cool" and "let's keep it!"  Uhhhh, negative. 


For those of you that are worried about me having killed the bug, I didn't.  In fact, as you can see below, Charlie even tried to give the bug a piece of popcorn for a snack.


I am happy to say that Max got the bug out of the house safely AND I didn't have a heart attack.

Lorri

1 comment:

  1. That is my kind of cat!
    Hey, Lorri, I have been reading your blog for a few weeks. I am so glad I found you because I am loving reading all of your stories and seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!