Simon (AKA Yoggle) is a pretty good kitty. His old and ornery, but really loves me. He has saved the day more than once in this house. When Charlie was tiny, a bat flew down the chimney and into the den. Simon flew through the air and caught it. He was my hero that day for sure!
Today was no different. I was sitting in the chair watching the Bachelorette (recorded) when Simon jumped over my chair and landed on this HUGE, disgusting bug. I quickly jumped to my feet and ran to the other side of the room. I have to admit that I screamed for a few seconds. Not a loud scream, but more of a high-pitched one. By the time I got down from the ottoman that I was standing on, my children and Connor were in the room. Luckily, the bug was no longer attempting to fly, but it was crawling.
I grabbed my camera and yelled for Max to get it out. The children were not near as scared of this thing as I was. In fact, they were saying things such as "cool" and "let's keep it!" Uhhhh, negative.
For those of you that are worried about me having killed the bug, I didn't. In fact, as you can see below, Charlie even tried to give the bug a piece of popcorn for a snack.
I am happy to say that Max got the bug out of the house safely AND I didn't have a heart attack.