Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sleep is Overrated

I don't believe that for a second.  Sleep is a necessity.  I would LOVE it if someone would force me to lay down in my comfortable bed (with the ceiling fan on high) and take a nap every day.  I think we would all function better if we napped. 

Last night Max spent the night with a friend.  Annie came up with a plan.  She told her daddy that he would be sleeping in the guest room and she and Charlie would be spending the night with me.  Since Mack loves the firm mattress on the guest bed (due to his back), he jumped at the idea.  He knew this would mean a great sleep for him....but not for me.


Annie and Charlie played in the bed for at least an hour.  They jumped.  They fell.  They wrestled.  It was cute for about 30 minutes.  At that point, I was over it.  I was pleasantly surprised that I slept very well.  I don't remember any arms or feet in my back.  To my knowledge, I wasn't kicked at all.  This is progress!  I woke up this morning to this.


I love when little ones sleep this way.  I know it won't be long until he doesn't do this anymore.  I love that little rump!

Lorri

1 comment:

  1. aw, this is so sweet. We are living in Corporate housing until our house sells in GA and I have slept with abby a couple of nights. It sure is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!