Ten Things I Love About My Job
1. Getting at least 20 hugs before 9 am
2. Watching my students learn to read
3. Coming up with new ideas
4. Writing stories about my family to teach writing to my students
5. Hearing sweet giggles throughout the day
6. The honesty of 6 year olds
7. Supportive mothers that lend a helping hand
8. Recess (an opportunity to get fresh air)
9. Hearing "I love you, Mrs. Turner"
10. Seeing success in struggling students
Ten Things I Dislike About My Job
1. Leaving my house at 6:50 am
2. Not having fresh coffee
3. Temper tantrums (of all ages)
4. "I can't"
6. Transportation changes
7. Running out of energy by lunch
9. Quiet moments
10. NOT BEING HOME WITH MY CHILDREN
I started pre-planning on Tuesday. The students start on Monday. I have so much to do that I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. Starting over is always so hard. I miss my students from the previous year....and their ability to follow my procedures without being told 15 times how to do it. But, I get to start over. I get to meet 20 new students. It can be refreshing and exciting. We can try new things together. There is potential for it to be the best year of my career.
The next few weeks will literally take every ounce of energy and patience I have. Wish me luck!