Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Emotional Roller Coaster

There are too many things happening at one time. 

My children are growing up.

I don't like it.


Max had his first day of second grade.

He is now on a different hall.  I can no longer stand outside his classroom door and watch him without him knowing about it.


Annie started Pre-K.  I cried.  She didn't.


She walked right in and made herself at home.  I walked to the car slowly...expecting the teacher to run after me because she was so sad that I left.

It didn't happen.


Charlie licked the icing bowl for the first time.  "More, Mama.  Now!" 
Yelling at me would not be cute, but considering his speech delay, I loved it.





Max has his first girlfriend.  I overheard him telling a friend about it.  He denied it, but it is true.  Are background checks free?


Annie will be taking ballet and tap for the first time. 

In addition to all of this, I completed my first week of school.  This is my 13th year of teaching.  I am tired.  Very tired.  Did I mention that Mack is on his way home from a 13 day work trip?  Whew.

Lorri

1 comment:

  1. love this post....
    13 years teaching! are we old enough for that?
    yes. yes we are. :)

    Happy year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!