Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Elf on the Shelf

Our Elf on the Shelf arrived the night we decorated our tree.  His name is Elfie.


His job is to fly back to the North Pole each night and update Santa on the behavior of our children.


Elfie is a bit mischievous.  He tends to hide in places that I don't always approve of.


I don't blame him from picking places up high.  I can only imagine what Charlie would do if he got his hands on the little guy.


If you have small children, this Elf will bring them great joy...and will be a fun reminder that Santa is watching!


The elves come with a cute book that you can read to your children.  It explains why the elf is hanging around.


Every morning my children wake up and immediately start looking for Elfie.  And in case you are wondering, all three have been extra good since he arrived!  :)

Lorri

6 comments:

  1. Okay.. so that is our Elf's name too.. I plan to blog about him soon.. Madison named him "Elf" and then we've just started calling him "Elfie!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an adorable story. We do that around here with the rabbits that are outside around Easter. They are helpers and they take notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hid ours. He makes is annual debut tomorrow. My boys love him. I can't remember his name, but I have a strong feeling it is Elfie too. Or Christopher John which is the name my eldest gave to everything when he was 4 and we started the whole tradition! I rue the day he no longer believes in all the Christmas magic! I'll be asking you for hiding spots around Dec 20th when I'm plum out if ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must be the only family out there with no elf... but no fear. S and J have their own special treat that no other kids we know have! And I'll be writing about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love elfie. :)


    and your decorations look beautiful and warm and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!