Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Laughter

I am thankful for laughter.

Laughter keeps me us sane.  I love a good laugh.  You know, one that brings tears to your eyes and causes your cheeks to hurt from smiling so much.  And if you are really lucky, your stomach will hurt, too.  


But even a little giggle can do the soul good.  It is a stress reliever.  One of my students told me today that I "giggle a lot in the mornings."  She asked me why I don't laugh as much in the afternoons.  I didn't have the heart to tell her that many things contribute to my decrease of laughter in the afternoons. 

For example: emails that lengthen my To-Do list(s) , stress (which might be brought on by people under 5 feet tall), hunger, meetings, etc.  But luckily, a few giggles work their way into my afternoons.  

 Especially when I get home to my children.  Even if it has been a tough day, my children make me laugh.  They erase my stress (most of the time) without even knowing it.

Laughter: It often comes when we aren't expecting it....Thank goodness!


Here are a few quotes that I am considering posting somewhere in my classroom.  I think they would help me keep things in perspective...and smile!

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. 
 ~E.E. Cummings

I've always thought that a big laugh is a really loud noise from the soul saying, "Ain't that the truth." 
 ~Quincy Jones

A laugh is a smile that bursts.
 ~Mary H. Waldrip

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. 
 ~Victor Borge

You have to laugh at yourself because you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't. 
 ~Emily Saliers

I just got one last thing, I urge all of you, all of you, to enjoy your life, the precious moments you have. To spend each day with some laughter and some thought, to get you're emotions going.
 ~Jim Valvano

What made you laugh today?  And yes, I really want to know.  It just might make me laugh, too!

Lorri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!