Monday, December 20, 2010

70 Something



 Merry Christmas!


Every year, the Saturday before Christmas, we celebrate with my mother's side of the family.  My mom is one of 9 children.  9!  There are so many of us that we have to have holiday gatherings in a church fellowship hall!  This year we had over 70 people there.  I'm not kidding.


This is my sweet grandmother.  She is 93 years old.  I wish you could see that her hair is in a ponytail.  When I asked her how she was feeling, she responded with "really great for a woman so young."  Not only is she funny, but she is tough!  She had all 9 children at home without any meds.  Her first child weighed 11 pounds.  She also gave birth to twins (my mom and her sister).

  
We are very lucky to still have her around.


We enjoyed a great dinner complete with ham, turkey, dressing, and fried chicken.  Yep, we live in the south.


Max had a basketball game and had to eat in a hurry. 


Here is Charlie with his big boy cup.  I wish you could see his sweet sweater.  My sister's son, Henry, wore this when he was little.  It's a Talbots sweater with a white polar bear on it.  I made sure it was clean so that he could wear it and show Henry.   


He looked so sweet in it.  I couldn't wait to get a picture of him with Henry.  But I did have to wait.  In fact, it may never happen.  Shortly after I took the picture above, Charlie got choked on a chicken nugget.  Everything he had eaten then resided on his clothes.  So.......


Here is how my child looked at our early Christmas lunch.  Proud moment.  White t-shirt, diaper, and socks.  Not at ALL what I had planned.


But overall, it didn't matter.  In fact, it gave us a lot to laugh about.  From the picture above, Henry would have been too cool to take that picture I wanted anyway.  :)



Merry Christmas!!!

Lorri

6 comments:

  1. What a great post! Your grandmother seems like an awesome lady! Hope yall have a very Merry Christmas :) xx. Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing at your Charlie! So cute! Even in a diaper & socks. How lucky are you to have your Grandma still. She sounds like one amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these pictures...always love seeing jenn and her sweet kiddos on your blog, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your grandmother! She sounds like a pip! Mine is 97. It's amazing, isn't it?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!