Friday, December 10, 2010

I Don't Bake

Mack bakes.  I don't bake.  Well, not if I can help it. 
See, I don't like to measure things.  I like adding a dash or pinch until it tastes right.  Not to mention that I rarely eat sweets.  And isn't that the point of baking?  To eat the product?   

But, my children love to bake.  And to eat the product.  So, we bake.  Cookies. 


Let's just be honest for a minute.  It's awfully messy to bake.  Especially when you have three children helping you.  I highly recommend not using little sprinkles that don't have the top with little holes.  If you do, there is a strong possibility that you will find them all over your home for weeks to come.


My children love the entire process.  Including using the rolling pin.


Tic Tac Toe ~ Three in a Row!




(I'm not sure what is going on with her hair.)

I will say, I love the smell of sugar cookies baking in the oven.  They smell delicious.


Waiting is a hard thing to do.


Messy, but worth it!


Lorri

4 comments:

  1. Right now I'm taking a break from decorating Christmas cake balls! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our cookies are always messy, too.

    they never look like the photos over at martha stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really like to be eating one of those right now...even though it might not taste great with the glass of red wine I'm drinking...they still looks scrumptous. For a non-baker you do a mighty fine job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your little ones had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!