Thursday, January 27, 2011

Envious

I am envious.  Jealous.

 My parents are building a new house.  They are (hopefully) moving in the second week of February.  My sister and I stopped by to see the progress last weekend.  All I can say is.......I love it!


Mom has been planning this house in her head for at least 15 years.  About 10 years ago she came across the perfect land.


The creek is loud.  In fact, you can hear it the minute you step out of your car.


The grandchildren will be in heaven 


There are so many things that I love about this house.  For starters, I love the windows in the living room.  They let in a TON of natural light.


And the floors.....well, I have to admit that I was a tad bit worried when I heard about them.  I just couldn't picture them in my head.  They still need the final coating and cleaning, but they are fabulous!


The ceiling in the living room is beautiful. 


Mom decided on a rock fireplace that is open to both the breakfast and living room.  


There are some great bookshelves on either side of the fireplace.


I love the pantry door (this is the "back up" pantry). 


The light fixture in the dinning room might disappear if the house is left unlocked.  :)


And then there is the master bath.  I have been hearing about this room for a long time.  It, too, was hard for me to imagine. The way mom explained it was exactly the way it looks....which is unreal.  She wanted a tub that came out into the middle of the bathroom.  It backs up to the outside wall of the shower. In the picture below, you can see the walk-through shower (the rock on either side of the tub).  Literally.  You can walk in on one side, and walk out of the other.  Daddy calls it his car wash.  Drive in, get hosed down, and drive out the other side.  Too funny.  You can even have a seat in there and hang out.  :)


The hole is for the TV.  I tell ya, the woman may never get out of the tub.


Mom tells the grandchildren that this is their bubble tub.  I don't know who she thinks she is kidding.


This is the light in the bathroom.  Very pretty.

There are many more things I love about this house.  


I informed mom and dad that I love my new mountain home.  I can't wait to invite them down to keep my children at my house while I entertain friends at their house.  Doesn't that sound like a perfect plan?   Can't wait to see it all finished, mom!

Lorri

12 comments:

  1. OH MY! I LOVE IT!?! When can your blog friends come visit?!? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, lorri, we might have to talk offline in a bit more detail about this gorgeous house!! It's incredibly (like eerily) similar to the mountain house MY mother built about 9 years ago ... the fixtures, the vaulted ceilings, the workmanship, the stone/shingle combo, the setting ... it's like they could be neighbors ... it's freaking me out!! LOVE THIS HOUSE ... nice job, lorri's mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lorri! What a beautiful house...I love all the stone, the ceiling, the floor, the windows, the light fixtures, and the creek! How exciting for them! My in-laws are building their first house...and they are just bursting at the seams they are so excited! I love it! I Hope you will give us another tour when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! That house is AH-Mazing!!!! Love it. You must be so excited, I know I would be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the final tour! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome for your parents -- to see a dream come true!! May they fill their beautiful new home with the happiest of memories. Now you need to get your Mom reading design blogs for all the decorating that will come next!! Ha!! Have a lovely weekend, my bloggy friend!! xo, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...FABULOUS!!!! I'm free to come...soon!! (Shouldn't even kid about this...just read a blog where some "blog reader" showed up on her doorstep out of the blue...wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok I am jealous too. When can I come over and spend the night. Wow, that place is gorgeous.


    writeitinlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How blessed your parents are! I hope they get to spend lots of time there with family... and just the two of them. Oh, and I can see how she may NEVER get out of that tub!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment!

    Your blog is lovely too!

    What a blessing for your parents! However, I am sure that you and all the grandchildren with add joy and beautiful memories to the home.

    Enjoy it!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I just found this post from your most recent. Your parents house is amazing!!! I know why your kids love it so much. Good for them and good for you getting to visit often :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it...so happy for your sweet parents!

    where is it? still in habersham?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!