Monday, January 24, 2011

How Fun!


Thank you, Kerri, for this surprise this morning! 

I have to admit, I have been thinking a lot about whether or not I should keep blogging. There are so many great things about blogging. 
*I have "met" some really great women.    
*My parents get to see pictures of my children and read about them (since they out of town).
*It is a great way to document the many stories and activities of my kiddos. I have created my first Blurb book from my blog.  It is awesome!
*I get a lot of great inspiration from other bloggers.
For example:
I would love to use these fabrics (from Kat) to re-do Annie's room.

But....Is this really something I should keep doing?

After thinking about "to blog or not to blog," this little award made my day.  Maybe I should keep going and just see what happens.

Kerri's award comes with the following instructions:

The rules for accepting this award are to share
7 things about yourself and nominate 5 blogs
to receive the stylish blogger award.
 
So....
1.  I have a love/hate relationship with teaching.  I love the students and the actual act of teaching.  I do not love the paperwork and not staying home with my children.
2.  Even though our new puppy is destructive and demanding, I secretly LOVE him.
3.  I am addicted to my iPad.
4.  I would love another baby.  Don't worry, mom and dad. :)  Between Annie and Charlie, I was on bed rest for over 200 days.  
5.  I missed my calling.  I should have been a midwife.
6.  I love to cook!  I hate to bake.  
7.  Coffee makes me extremely happy.

My 5 nominations:
1.  Shelby at Bringing up Madison and Tyler
2.  Jo at Bees and Fleur De Lis
3.  Jennifer at Running in the Grass
4.  Leslie at Expression of Happiness
5.  Bevy at It's a Golden Day

Have a fantastic Monday!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Yes, yes yes....to continuing to blog! I have those same thoughts somedays too...but if we keep in mind that it's "our" blog...and post when we want to (or have the time)...I think it takes some of the pressure off!
    Question- do you use your ipad more than a laptop? I'm kind of thinking I would like an ipad. I don't know much about them...I'm a little behind in the technology department!
    Off to check out Shelby, Jo, Jennifer, Leslie and Bevy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, lorri ... i just learned that you're a teacher! Me too! And I would have to say exactly the same as you ... the actual teaching time is great, but man does the prep and grading and paperwork ever stink :-( I don't know if I could ever go back full time for that very reason ...

    and ps ... gorgeous fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep blogging! I'm new to your blog (and blogging in general). Your blog is really fun and cute. I'm definitely intimidated by so many women who are crafty, great photographers, wonderful writers, chic and stylish dresses and talented decorators, but then I realize it's not a competition. It's just about me being me and documenting my kids growing up and meeting new people who inspire me and encourage me. So keep at it as long as it's fun. And, congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you Lorri on your much deserved award!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to you Lorri.. and yes yes keep blogging. I love reading your blog and seeing your life.. and those too cute kids!! AND OH MY GOODNESS I'M GUSHING that you nominated me!!! You just made MY day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep blogging Lorri!!! I love to read your blog and see all the wonderful pictures of the kids. I really enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. if it brings life to you and you enjoy it, then you should definitely keep doing it....it is hard to fit it all into a daily schedule..but worth it in the end if it doesn't feel like a job....You're great at it...and I sure HOPE you keep at it!

    I got the stylish blogger and just posted about it today...you were on my list to add and then I saw that you already won it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone from another blog congratulated me on my award... Now I know what she's talking about! Thanks dearie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS... I didn't know you taught too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorri, thanks for your comment & becoming a follower! Kerri grew up in the town where I live now~isn't it a small world?? Love your blog and would love to know what type of camera and lens you are shooting with, as my camera was stolen in December! Almost time to replace it! Love your blog! You deserve the award. I also love the snow pics and the post about your Dad!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!