Monday, January 3, 2011

Impromptu Tea Party


Annie and two of her friends decided that they needed to have a tea party.  The original plan was to have it at one of the neighbors.  Somehow that plan was changed and they ended up at my house.


I baked some peanut butter cookies and made some sweet tea...


pulled out a white table cloth and a lacy thingy to put on top of the cloth.  I have no idea where I got that lacy thing or why I still own it! 


The girls toasted for friendship and good health.  Too cute.


I think they solved some of the world's problems.

Well, until Charlie decided to join the party.


He has been known to cause a few more problems then he solves.  :)


 
I have to give myself some credit.  These cookies were fantastic!  I love to cook, but I am NOT a fan of baking.  This recipe was simple and delicious.  I don't think they will last very long!


Lorri

9 comments:

  1. Yes they were VERY delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you for using the "good china"...adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a fun mom!
    You can't say they were delicious and NOT post the recipe! Unless of course it's a "secret" recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorri, how cute and these are memories they and you will cherish. Enjoy them while they are little. They grow so fast. Your header is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet tea party ~ lovin the tea set! Poor little Charlie :)

    Your new header is fabulous.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special party you helped create!! I'm sure they will remember it for years to come. And those cookies look delicious!!! You have to post the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so adorable and what little girl doesn't love a tea party. That's so special. And Charlie, what a cutie! Your comment about the problem solving was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok you must be a closet baker. you keep sayin' it's not your thing, but seriously, an importu party and you whip up cookies and have all the ingredients on hand...hmmm.. fess up, you are a baker, you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. impromptu, impromptu..I'm tired. sorry, can't type or proof read worth a darn!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!