Monday, January 17, 2011

Thawing Out


It has been over a week since our first snow of 2011.  We still have snow...and ice. 


I love snow.  It is beautiful.  Here in the South, the world seems to stop with snow.  It's quiet.  Peaceful.  


A snow like this one comes about every 10 years or so.  I am convinced it is God's way of slowing us down.  We are all too busy.


No school.  No appointments.  No basketball games.  No traffic.  


Instead, there is a ton of snuggles, movies, games, drawing/painting, and smores.  


I spent a ton of time cooking.  I have read several posts by other bloggers that talked about how being stuck in the house causes them to cook....all day....every day.  It is true for me, too.  I made homemade chicken noodle soup, potato and ham soup, brownies, etc.  I can't thank my mother enough for "making" me help in the kitchen as I grew up.  Not only do I have a ton of recipes that I cook all the time, but she taught me the basics.  Cooking is now pure enjoyment for me.  The grocery store is NOT.


As I stated last week:  When snow is on the ground for more than 3 days, it snows within 3 weeks.  It's an old wives' tale, but seems to be true.  


So....we wait. 


And we wonder.


Will that wives' tale be accurate?


When will make up all these school days?  Ugh.


Lorri

7 comments:

  1. We have our first full snow day today! :) We actually got ice during the night.
    Your pictures are so good...I know I always say that! Also...I want a headband like your daughters! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these pictures.
    love the new look of your blog....
    you did a CSN give away...YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dint accept your Old Wives Tale!!! The last of our snow/ice washed away with the rain last night... HOORAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! I can't believe that is a dollar headband! For sure I would NOT look as cute as your daughter does in her's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for visiting my blog! i have enjoyed reading thru yours tonight too. love your blog name,header and your blk cabinets! :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorri and thanks so much for stopping by!! Looks like you found me thru Kerri maybe?! From the looks of your beautiful photos, you must have a gallery wall of your own ... or if you don't then you should!!

    Your blog is great, love the setup over here - clearly I have much to learn!! Your photos of your beautiful kids are amazing ... did you take those black & whites on the sidebar, too?

    I'll be back for sure - love it over here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the winter wardrobe! Stay warm & fuzzy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!