Sunday, February 27, 2011

The First of Many

A few weeks ago I shared some pictures of my parent's new house
This weekend we moved them in.  The house is amazing and well worth the wait.  My children liked the house a lot, but they loved the land.  I have a feeling that this weekend was the first of many more to come.




They were in heaven.  And the best part?  No one fell in the water...this time.


And just as I expected, the planning began.  Camping.  If this beautiful weather continues, it will be sooner than later.  Today it was 74 degrees...and sunny.  Beautiful.


There are plans for a fire pit and a small bridge (Max's idea) in the works.  My children will never want to leave.


I can only imagine how much fun they will have here. 


I sure hope mom and dad considered that their grandchildren are going to want to visit.. a lot!

Lorri

7 comments:

  1. I bet grandma and grandpa knew exactly what they were doing! ;) I can see lots of wonderful memories to be made here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 74* ahhhh heaven! It looks idyllic there, the pics are great of your sweet children and you are right, the kids will just love it! We live on a lot much like that with a stream running through it and we even have wiener roasts in it when the water level is low...so much fun! Creek walks are the best...wear sneaks though, beware of broken glass (sorry, it's the mom in me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place!!! Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant wait to see the finished product, too! It looks so serene! Glad no one fell in the water, yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks gorgeous! And I bet your parents knew exactly what they were doing picking that gorgeous property. Smart cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!