Monday, February 14, 2011

Last Minute Treat

Happy Valentine's Day!!!


My intention was to share these Oreo Truffles (Oreo Balls if you live in the South with me) yesterday.  But, things were a bit crazy.  Even though Valentine's Day is almost over, these treats can be enjoyed any time. 

Start with a pack of Oreo cookies, whipped cream cheese, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles.


Throw the Oreos into a food processor.  The cookies will end up as very fine crumbs.


Add cream cheese.


Combine until it is a big ball of YUM.


Then roll into small balls and place on wax paper.  (Sorry about the picture quality below.)


Put the pan of balls into the freezer for 1-2 hours.  Once they are firm, melt the chips in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time.  Using a toothpick, dip each ball into the chocolate and place back on wax paper.  Quickly sprinkle with sprinkles.  :)


I promise you that these are both delicious and addictive. 


They are seriously cute.  They were the perfect Valentine's Day treats for teachers and friends.


You are going to love them!

Lorri

12 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, lorri, not only are these the most decadent sounding treats of absolute yumminess, but they're so fancy and pretty to look at too!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same heart plate for Target too!
    We make these oreo balls at Chrismtas time...and they don't last very long! Your Valentine ones are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently found your blog and am so glad that I did. What a yummy treat... I've always wanted to know how to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awfully cute! My kids would love to make (and eat) these. this post looks very
    Darby-esque, and I mean that as a BIG compliment!! you do read her blog, right? who doesn't!! :) hope you had a happy day yesterday! loved the pics in your previous post too. you've got some camera SKILLS!!
    xo, Tess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard about Oreo Balls for a long time but never seen the recipe... I am hiding my computer screen from my hubby right now- he would love these!!! Which means I would make a batch... and he'd eat the normal 2-3 like a normal person... and I would eat the rest because I have no self control, ha ha! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do call them "balls" down here, don't we? And yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that! "A big ball of YUM!" they remind me of my cake balls... But much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never made these at Valentines...but very cute. idea!

    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy! I've been eating so healthy this week - it's just not as much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just tasted them for the first time the other day. Love them! My girl friend (also named Lori!) is making these for her daughters wedding. They will be the grooms 'cake'.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!