Sunday, February 13, 2011

One of the CUTEST Cakes!

Yesterday I took Charlie and Annie to a birthday party at Gymboree.  The birthday girl's mother teaches next door to me.  She and her mother are very talented.  Look at this cake.


I just had to show it to you.  It is was adorable.  And the best part?  Delicious!  Pound cake with lemon filling.  Oh my word. 


Look at the details.  In addition to the cake, look at these cake pops.


Some how.....some way....I will learn to make these. 


And these. 


What child doesn't like gumballs?


And suckers!

The Birthday Girl!


Her mommy doesn't know it yet, but I will somehow convince her to teach me how to do all this. 
It was a perfect party.

Lorri

11 comments:

  1. Please please please...can I come over and learn too?! Very talented...that cake must have taken a week to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....THE cutest cake EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mom MADE that?!?!? And she teaches? I am truly impressed. WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that cake is adorable, I don't think I would have the patience for all those details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It only took her a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a stunning cake and fun party too! Your friend is definitely talented and luck you that you were able to enjoy the hard work:-)

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  7. We need step by step instructions! How did she make great fondent letters? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's absolutely amazing - she could really be a professional ... and I love that it was lemon pound cake, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps - are the ribbons coming out of the gumball vase just for decoration or are there treats/toys tied to the ends and hidden inside the vase??

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!