Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Perfect Act of Kindness

I can't begin to tell you how many times this surprise has made me smile.


My sweet friend, JP, gave me this cute jar...


filled with the perfect words of encouragement and happy thoughts.

Jennifer brings smiles, laughter, and happiness by walking in a room.  Every single time.  Unfortunately, I don't get to see her as often as I would like.  But somehow, she came up with the perfect idea of making me happy when she isn't around.  Whenever I am a little down or frustrated, I read one of her sweet notes.  Actually, I have read them all so many times that all I have to do is glance at the jar and I begin to smile.  I don't know if she really knew what kind of impact that this little prize would have on me. 






This act of kindness has not only made me feel good when I needed it most, but it has inspired me to do the same for others.  Thank you, JP, for being so wonderful! 

Lorri

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift and an awesome friend. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative and sweet this gift is. Looks like you have a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome thoughtful gift...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift...very thoughtful and comlimentary all at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lorri for this great idea for my mom! I am going to do this for her. How sweet of your friend!! hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic gift! You have a true, dear friend there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, lorri, i absolutely LOOOOVE this gift - what a dear friend ... SHE is the true gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! Everyone should have a friend who loves them this much! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet idea - from a really sweet girl! :0) JP...umm...I might have to steal this idea. Consider it a compliment my friend. Such a neat way to encourage someone you care about. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just browsing through your blog after finding you through the comment you left on mine and had to stop and say this is the SWEETEST gift! I've got collections of little notes that I've given to my girls and my husband, but what a greet gift for a friend. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Blessings!
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!