Saturday, February 5, 2011

Time to Relax

A few days ago, a friend asked me a simple, but loaded, question.  "Do you take time to relax?"  Honestly, I didn't know how to respond.  Relax?  Ummm, not really.  At Christmas, my sister-in-law asked me to give her a few ideas of things I might like to receive from Mack.  My first item was a "bubble bath."  In parenthesis, I wrote......"and the time to take one!" 

To me, there is not much that can compare to a long, hot bath.  It is completely relaxing (as long as my children aren't banging on the door and yelling "mommy!"). 

Source here

I know I am not alone in my love for a relaxing bath.  My sister-in-law, Alana, loves them, too.  But like me, she doesn't typically have the time to take one. 


Alana's birthday was last week.  She is the mother of 3 children and is always on the go.  She, much like most of us, doesn't take time for herself.  I decided that, for her birthday, I would try to encourage her to do so. 
Alana's bathroom is very big.  There are steps to get up to her tub.  There is a lot of space around the tub (kind of like the tub in the picture above).

I started with some scented bath salts.  I found a fabulous (large) glass storage jar.  I added 4 packages of bath salts.


Then I bought two additional glass jars for candles.  Her bathroom is decorated with black, white, and red.  To keep things light and simple, I went with white.  Since we both love coffee, I decided to put fresh coffee beans around the base of the candles. 


The coffee beans bring in a pop of color.



Then I bought some of my favorite body lotion and bubble bath.  Now, I am NOT a fan of the smell of gardina in lotions, etc.  But, I love them when they are fresh cut.   This lotion has a perfect hint of fresh gardinias.  It smells wonderful.  Not too strong or too sweet. 

 
To top it all off, I bought two very soft, white towels. 


To me, this gift is a great excuse to relax. 

I hope she loves it!

Lorri

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous and thoughtful gift!!! She's a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome gift Lorri! You did a great job! I bet your sister in law will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you happen to make one for me too? in the mail already, you say? why thank you ever so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If she doesn't use it, you can send it across the Savannah River to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so thoughtful - she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great gift idea! I've been wanting to take a relaxing bath for the last couple of weeks and then it just never happens. I think I will be trying to make some time this week now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really thoughtful of you. The details and the personal touches really make a difference! You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a GREAT gift! You are so thoughtful! I love gardenia scent, too, but it always seems like its too strong, so I'm going to have to check out bodycology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like it turned out beautifully my friend! I hope she loved it. And, just in case she didn't...well...you know where I live - I would love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that sounds wonderful. I LOVE to take hot baths with lots of bubbles. I laughed that you called the coffee beans a pop of color. Sounds like my kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I love this. I think I'm relaxing just looking at it! Hope you had a wonderful weekend (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!!! i love this!!! oh the smell of gardenia!!! my love of all things Southern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so sweet! I'm sure she'll love it. I'd love to crawl into that bath picture. It looks so inviting and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the gift idea....SO thoughtful and kind!

    Hoping you relax yourself, Lorri....you work so hard teaching and being a wife and being a mom.....

    take time for yourself this weekend....and then come back and tell me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could not agree more about a bath! Most relaxing thing EVER!!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!