Saturday, March 12, 2011

Have You Been?

Have you been to the Georgia Aquarium? 


For the past five years, the first grade teachers have taken our students to the aquarium.  Even though I have been many times, I am still amazed by the beautiful (and not-so-beautiful) fish. 


This visit, however, was very special to me.  You may recall me talking about one of my students (Pumpkin) back in the fall.  Pumpkin is a precious child.  Unfortunately, he faces many difficulties.  Since I had 8 parents with me on this trip, I decided to divide up my students among them....and keep Pumpkin with me.  He was so excited!  


Pumpkin had never seen sharks, turtles, etc.  In fact, he had never seen a live fish.  I wish I could show you a picture of his eyes when we walked in.  They were huge! 


The penguins were his favorite.  He smiled and giggled the entire time we were with them.  I stood back and watched him.  It was as if I was seeing these animals for the first time...through his eyes.  You can imagine his excitement (considering he had never even heard of a sea otter). 


I absolutely LOVED seeing the aquarium with Pumpkin.  His excitement was contagious.  But I must admit, I was exhausted by the end of the day.  I felt like I had been run over by an 18 wheeler.


If you have never been to the GA Aquarium, I highly recommend a visit.  Especially if you can see it through the eyes of child!

Lorri

4 comments:

  1. I am sure Pumpkin had a ball with you. You gave that child a memory he will remember for the rest of his life. You are such a good mom to your students. Btw great pics! Aquarium shots are tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures!!! You are not only a good mom but also a great teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until Baby Boy is just a little older so we can take him :) I've never been, but I've heard its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! It is on our to do list!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!