Thursday, March 17, 2011

Praise for Paula Deen

I love Paula.  No, we are not on a first name basis, but I feel like we are. 


This lady can cook.  Really cook.  I can honestly say that I have been cooking her recipes for 10 years and have not found a single thing that I didn't like.  Perhaps it is because she cooks the way my mother used to cook.

My obsession love for her cooking began here:


The Lady & Sons Restaurant

During my 149 days of bed rest (for Charlie), I watched the Food Network a lot.   

Paula's life story is very inspiring.  She created her businesses from nothing.  She is doing what she loves and it is paying of BIG time.  See?  I told you I feel like we are on a first name basis.

Anyway, I wanted to share my favorite of all her desserts.  No, I don't enjoy baking, but this recipe is simple and easy. 

Gooey Butter Cake


Have you tried it?  If not, you must make it right now.  On Sunday, we had lunch at my sister-in-law's house.  Since it had been a while since I have had this, I made it.....and topped it with homemade whipped cream.  Paula's cake is much prettier than mine (below).


You can get the full recipe at www.Pauladeen.com

*Don't pay attention to the nutritional information!  You don't have to count the calories, fat, sugars, etc. if you are eating it with friends.  :)

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Yum, butter cake! I will have to try it.
    I love her too...and she is so darn pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this at 3am since my child is going to be wearing a wig from all this heartburn. And now, I just printed it out since I MUST have it. My growing hips thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE her too!!!....y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorrie...thanks for joining me at Heavenly Humor! I returned the favor.

    Lord, I love Paula! I've been watching a local cooking show the past few weeks, and sadly, some of those dishes ended up in the garbage. I think I'll have to give Paula a chance in my kitchen. And that cake? Heading over right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yum-o! I love gooey butter cake!!! When I was pregnant with Will we went on vacation to Savannah and ate at Lady & Sons. It was so delicious. I was thankful I was wearing stretchy maternity pants ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!