Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Real Truth

Things are just a tad bit crazy around here.


No matter how hard I try to get it all done, it just doesn't happen.  I have considered becoming an octopus. Surely I could get accomplish everything if I had 8 arms.  I have also considered adding 4 hours to each weekday (2 hours to clean/work/organize and 2 hours of extra sleep).  Since neither of these two things are possible, I am taking suggestions.  You see, my only option right now is to get up even earlier...or stay up later.  I already start my day before 6 am.  It is cruel to wake up and see a 5 staring back at me.  I just don't think I could handle seeing a 4.   And staying up later?  I've tried. It just doesn't happen. 

Earlier today I spoke with a good friend for some advice on my current situation.  She quickly pointed out that my children and I have only 7 weeks left of school.  That is a HUGE plus.  Then she told me to "let it go."  Ummmm.  Let what go?  "Let it all go."  Well, that is just impossible.  BUT, I am going to try and stop stressing over the little stuff.  I can assure you that my husband will be happier if I do this...he might be a little bit irritated by my complaining and OCD.

So...
*It is (now) ok to leave a cup or two in the sink over night.
*It is (now) ok to let M, A, and C stay up a few extra minutes so that we can spend more time outside.
*It is (now) ok to get behind on the laundry (well, this has always been the case).
*It is ok that my laundry room is a disaster.  In fact, it is going to stay this way for at least 7 more weeks. 
*It is (now) ok to say "NO" when we don't need or want to do something.

Because...


these are the most important of all!

12 comments:

  1. Your children are so beautiful!!! 7 MORE WEEKS - YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven more weeks!!! Awesome! Hang in there! I love the photo of your children. I can totally relate to this post. My husband sometimes wonders what's wrong with me when I'm freaking out about everything--dirty laundry, kitchen clutter, dust, toys everywhere...I could go on. I think I'm learning that I'm the one who puts most of the pressure on myself and that I need to relax a little. I know this is easier said than done, but I hope to remember the important stuff like my kiddos and let the other stuff slide. Did that make any sense? Just wanted to say you are not along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sister! :) None of us get it all done. I have the rare, occational day when I seem to have it all in order, but those don't strike often! Sitting next to me are two baskets of laundry that need to be put away (they have been there for THREE days) and here I am blogging. Oh ya, blogging, that's another time zapper, but also a sanity keeper! :)

    xo,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a good post!! i'm going to show my mom- she would love the "bang head here" at the beginning! i have a post planned for sometime next week called "Divine Intervention." i have a feeling you'll like it after reading this, so be on the lookout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! And it's all so very very true! Remember...if the house is a mess..."the children are making happy memories." :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I are a lot alike! My husband has to remind me often that we need to be able to "live" in our house. You do an amazing job AND work fulltime. I have no excuse. Seven more weeks....yay!! Things can wait!
    Your kids are gorgeous...love that picture! Did you take it?! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, you make BEAUTIFUL BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seven weeks? Thank goodness! We teachers are just as exited as the kiddos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm right there with you on this one!

    Yep, we just have to learn to let a few things slide. Being perfect has never won an award worthy of taking time from those who mean the most to us.

    Deep breath ... and relax :)
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kids are beautiful. I can't believe there are only 7 weeks left. That will fly by for sure! Take a deep breath, let things go and enjoy life. It sounds like you are already doing a great job of it! xo kat

    ReplyDelete
  11. my "to do" list is a mile long....feeling the anxiety here too! now that its starting to get nice out...and nice out means 40 degrees and the snow has finally melted....we are playing out in the yard and going for walks more...which means the list gets ignored for a bit..oh well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous photo of your kiddos! Only 7 more weeks? Wow! We still have an eternity left. There's something about this time of year that gets to me too. I always feel like I'm drowning about now. I need to learn to let it go too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!