Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All of This and More!

Spring is here and we are loving it.  After months of cold, rainy weather, we are finally surrounded by trees with bright green leaves that make me smile. 
The flowers are beginning to bloom and bringing beautiful colors with them.
We have found ourselves making up reasons to spend extra time outside.  If it were up to my children, we would spend from sun-up to sun-down in the fresh air.
Afternoons in the park have proven to be a favorite. 
We invested in Edy's Strawberry Fruit Bars.  They are the perfect summer treat!  60 calories and only 13 grams of sugar. 
But with these...
...and these...
...comes this.
Notice the "green stuff" on C's shoe?  Yep, pollen.  We walked from the car to the park pavillion (about 20 feet) in the grass.  On this particular day, the pollen count was 2,790.  That is extremely high!  Itchy eyes, runny noses, scratchy throats, and sneezes galore.  BUT, we have only been under a handful of tornado watches this spring.  I will take the pollen over tornados any day of the year!
I hope the weather is this beautiful where you are.  And if you are really lucky...
...you will have some static to go with the sunshine!
Lorri

14 comments:

  1. Cute, glad you guys are getting good weather. It's cloudy and cold here today but supposed to get up to the 80's this weekend. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are loving this great weather, too! I know your children are loving afternoons at the park! I think we are in for a hot summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for spring! Cute pictures! Although spring has arrived here too, there is snow in the forecast on Friday. Mr. Weatherman better be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful flowers! love annie's green bow! and yes, i'd love to be your personal shopper, but i have a feeling we would do some serious damage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you send some sunshine my way, please! Our weather has been rainy and dreary the last three weeks...I am so jealous when I see bloggy friend's kids wearing shorts already!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boys would stay outside all day long if I would let them. I think it's so good for them to play outside. Unfortunately their allergies are terrible right now. Thank the Lord for Zyrtec! Your photos are phenomenal. What camera and lens are you using? One more thing...I'm "in progress" for a blog makeover with designer blogs. I love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Lorri, this post is making me reeeeally miss the South!! I lived there (VA) for years and years prior to coming to New England and nothing in the world beats April in the South (well, actually, that pesky pollen really is a mess!) ... all those gorgeous flowers in bloom, the perfect temperatures, it's a great place to be!! we're still a good 3-4 weeks away from full bloom up here, but at least the skies are blue ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave you an award on my blog, be sure to check out today's post to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Dole strawberry popsicles as a kid....yummmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pictures, Lorri. Love the one with the static hair. I'm envious of your weather - we have sleet/snow forcasted for tomorrow.

    I recently discovered the Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie bars and LOVE them, but I might have to give your suggestion a try. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo, love your new blog template!!! sooooooo pretty!! we've been spending so much time outside too. just a tiny little window before the humidity and bugs return, better take advantage!!

    xo,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT pics!!! Good luck with the pollen!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos. We've had a few great days but also some incredible storms. I'm ready for clear skies:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE THOSE PRECIOUS PICTURES!!! So glad the pollen has let up a little this week. I serious felt like I was going to scratch my eyes out when it was so bad. My eyes looked and felt like raisins...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!