Sunday, April 10, 2011

Too Close For Comfort

I love having pets.  I really believe that they bring happiness into our homes and our hearts. 


Even the animals that I find in the yard make me smile. 


But...


Sometimes the little ones that should run from us forget to do so. 



While on vacation at Disney, we had a few moments of the animals being "too close for comfort."

One of my favorite things to do at Animal Kingdom is the Safari ride.  Granted, there is always a chance that you won't get to see many animals, but it is still exciting.  This time, we were able to see at least one of each of the animals "in the wild."  In fact, we were stuck on the ride for 30 minutes.  Here are some of the reasons why.

This giraffe, which I named "shorty" in an effort to pass the time, was very intrigued by all of us on the ride.  He walked right up to us and just stood....CLOSE to us.  Then, his little friend joined him.


Seriously?  They just stood there and looked at us.  When we were finally able to move on, we ran into these guys.



Needless to say, we enjoyed the ride.  However, I will be perfectly fine with heading to the zoo to see them next time.  You know, one with cages!

Lorri

11 comments:

  1. Your new page looks great girl!! Good seeing you yesterday, back in the groove tomorrow! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big jungle animals scare me - I could never do a real safari!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! I've never been on a safari ride like that before but it looks like sooo much fun! I am a big scaredy cat so I suppose the zoo suits me just fine! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we've done that same ride at animal kingdom, lorri, but not with nearly that level of excitement, wow!! LOVE the new look over here, you've been busy - is all of this available right in blogger?! I need to get on it and start tinkering, too, b/c this looks great ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. T wanted to go on a safari for our honeymoon, but that was quickly shutdown by my mother! Maybe I should take him there for our 1 year anniversary?! Love your new blog design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you took all these photos...you should win a photography award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE your new blog design Lorri!!
    So stylish and cheery!
    Did you do this all by yourself?!
    Tutorial, please?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, this is too funny! the squirrels here in cville are crazy and get a bit too close for comfort all the time! loving the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear ya! I used to live in the Dominican Republic when I was younger and their zoo wasn't exactly up to adequate safety standards. I have a picture of myself feeding some hippos and boy my little hand is extremely close to their big chompers! Thanks for for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would be a bit scared having them that close also but atleast you got some good pictures of them. I'm sure the kids thought it was great though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your trip looks like lots of fun. I always get so excited when I see any nature in our yard or neighborhood - I've seen deer, coyote, a fox, little hawks. Those are the exciting finds.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!