Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yep. I'm old.

This is my beautiful (inside and out) niece.
Last night Abbey went to prom.  As I walked up to take a few pictures, it hit me.  I am definitely NOT a spring chicken anymore!
You see, Abbey wore a size 3T dress in my wedding.  She was tiny. 
Granted, her waist isn't much bigger than a 3T, but she is not a little girl anymore.
Now she is driving, thinking about college, and (dare I say it) dating.
  Abbey's date for the prom was one of her best friends.  These two started kindergarten together...and have been friends since then.  They were too cute together.  They were laughing and playing around the whole time.  I know they had a great time!
I was so proud to be there last night.  Abbey handled herself with grace.  She is amazing.  There is no doubt that her parents have done a GREAT job raising her.
I can picture her (at least 10 years from now!) married to a man just like her daddy.  She reminds me so much of myself.  She is definitely a daddy's girl!
I can't wait to see what the future holds for her. 
No matter what she decides to be when she "grows up," she will be successful...and have a great time!
We love you, Abbey!!!
Lorri

10 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful and how fun that you are so close to her and have been able to watch her grow through the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous!!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a beauty. Our prom is tonight...my first as a high school principal. I am just a tad bit nervous to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I have been MIA... She is just lovely! Love those pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe...I was thinking, "what Jr. size is a 3T these days." That's how old I am! She is gorgeous! Love her dress and those fab shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and my beautiful goddaughter is now 15 years old - same amazing transformation from baby to young woman ... all in the flash of an eye! Your niece looks absolutely gorgeous for her special night - you took some seriously great shots, lorri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abbey looks wonderful for prom!! How fun! She's a lucky girl that you took these phenomenol pictures for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking the same thing as Donna...what a wonderful aunt Abbey has...taking these amazing pictures for her! Such a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just beautiful.

    seems like yesterday that we were all getting ready for our proms....but it wasn't yesterday...it was TWENTY years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!