Friday, May 13, 2011

Big Girl!

My sweet girl graduated from pre-k on Thursday.  How on Earth did this happen???
Watching Annie graduate was bitter-sweet for me.  At one point I was crying because my baby is ready to start kindergarten in August.  Moments later, I was grinning from ear to ear because she will be with ME next year.  I love being able to walk down the hall and see Max.  Now I will be able to do the same with Annie. 
Like any proud (and emotional mommy), I cried.
And then...I laughed. 
Do you see that little cutie whispering in her ear?  Well, moments later, he yelled "give me that microphone!"  Keep in mind that the sanctuary was quiet and that this was the look on his face.
Yep, that's all it took.  From that moment on, I laughed.  And smiled. 
Congratulations big girl!!!
Lorri

12 comments:

  1. Oh . . . so sweet! My little guy is almost finished with pre-k, too! I am so sad that he is growing up too quickly. Have a great summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bittersweet moment! Cute pictures! My baby is starting Kindergarten this year too! I think it's harder on the mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little girl you have Lorri! YOur pictures are fantastic!
    I love when I am subbing and am able to see my son throughout the day...love it!
    Congrats to your big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful photos, kerri - congratulations to your little sweetie - yay, onward to kindergarten!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures!

    I felt the same way you did when my girlies were that age. Now I am so emotional because my youngest is about to turn 13! I have loved every age they have been...but it just goes too fast!!
    Have a great weekend,
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. already!??! Wow! It's only early May. She is just beautiful! Before you know it, that'll be her standing up there at her HS graduation. *sniff sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking ahead with you. I loved teaching where my boys were. Seeing them in the halls brightened my day - every day. With S in middle school this past year, it was different, but J and I have two more years together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't she ADORABLE! And so grown up looking! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Give me that microphone!"--I can just picture it! What a bittersweet occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is SO pretty!!! Boys are going to knocking down your door - get the shotgun ready!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so cute! I know I'll cry too when that time comes. Very bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!