Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ups and Downs

Being three is tough stuff.
There are certainly a lot of ups and downs.
There are a lot of happy times, but there are also some not-so-happy times.
I don't know who invented the term "terrible two's," but I think they missed the mark.  The two's were pretty kind to us.  Of course, he was a bit stubborn during his two's, but nothing like he is now. 
 I had no idea that such a little human could make so much noise!  The little stinker can pitch a serious fit!  Luckily, he follows up with a little of this.
I have to say...M and A never pitched fits like C does.  I can honestly say that, together, they might have pitched 5 fits.  Don't get me wrong, they had their moments.  But nothing like the little man!
Despite the fits, this little man is amazing.  He is loving, kind, giving, funny, and more.  He makes me smile all the time (except during the fits!).  His personality is great!  I think he will be a wonderful husband, fabulous father, and a super salesman...he can convince complete strangers to give him what he wants.  :)
Man, we love this boy! 
But it won't hurt my feelings at all when he is over the fits!
Lorri

8 comments:

  1. I agree 3 was much worse than 2's. I'll let you know how 4 goes :)
    Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And I totally agree, from babysitting experience-- I have always called it the Terrible 3s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! I love that it captures his personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Age 2.5 to 3.5 was the absolute hardest year with Andrew. I had moments when I thought we'd only have one child b/c I doubted if my patience could stretch any farther. But then along came age 4, and with it emerged the sweetest, most kind-hearted, thoughful little boy. It was then we started trying for a second child. I know I've probably got it ahead of me again with my C. I'm bracing myself! :) I always thought 3rd chidlren were suppose to be the easiest??!! :) Happy Mother's day to you Lorri. Hoping it is a fit-free day!!

    xo,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved every minute of our 2's ... and I agree - 3's were a bit tough ;-)
    Happy Mother's Day to you, Lorri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me laugh....love the 2nd to last picture...priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who ever coined the phrase "Terrible Twos" didn't have a 3 year old yet! He sure is cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you are talking about. I guess it comes with the territory of a child who has a big personality. It's either really good or really bad. He's just too cute to stay upset with for very long ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!