Thursday, June 23, 2011

I am a list maker.

I make a lot of lists.  I like lists.  They keep me on track and help me not to forget things (most of the time!).  I might be a little on the OCD side, but I like it that way.  As I accomplish things on my lists, I mark them off.  Then....I rewrite the lists.  I can't stand to see a messy list.  I wonder if this is why my friends think I have a touch of OCD???
Anyway, my major "summer to-do list" is being neglected. 
I would like to blame the negligence on my foot drama, but that will only work for this week.  I have been out of school for three full weeks...and the only thing I have accomplished is my laundry room.  For those of you that have been in my laundry room, you know that was a huge project on it's on.  Why must everyone in this house dump their junk in that room?
I have several additional lists on my board right now.  I am making some progress on a few of them, but not as much as I wanted to by now.  Too many things have been in my way.  Camps, pool, shopping, play time, pool, cookouts, pool, reading, and...the pool.  At least most of my hindrances have been fun, right? 
And since tomorrow is Friday, my lists will have to wait a few more days before they receive any attention.  I am ok with that for now, but if I don't start marking some things off soon, I will end up looking like the cat on my list!
Are you a list maker?
Do you think I could possibly use the word "list" a few more times???  :)
Lorri

15 comments:

  1. I'm a huge listmaker! I make lists everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a list maker too. I'm almost obsessive about it. I love "notes" on my iPhone. I'm constantly using it to make lists. I have a long list of things to accomplish this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make tons of lists too!! They kind of pile up all over our kitchen island. My girls always leave me lists too....of all of the stuff they run out of and NEED from Target. Of course there is never much advance notice.
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a HUGE list maker! You have such perfect teacher writing! I have to work on mine--I love my handwriting, but it's a quick mix of cursive/print and won't fly for elementary schoolers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make lists too! Sometimes I lose them which doesn't help. I too have lots to be done! Hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am a list maker and what doesn't get done rolls over to the next day, I hate a messy list, I hang lists, forget lists, lose lists, have on going lists lol, now you have got me thinking whether I have list ocd lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely "get" it! I love lists too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I {heart} lists...and pretty much anything else that has to do with being "organized" (I have to put that in quotes because let's be honest, it doesn't always happen). And you poor thing!!! I can't believe what happened to your poor foot! When I think of all the times I have slipped and slid down our stairs...here's wishing you a speedy and *FULL* recovery...doctors are stupid and don't know what they are talking about (c:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love lists... can not function without them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the first things I do in the morning is make a list of what I want to do/ get done that day. I had to laugh when you said about crossing things off and making a neater list...I do the same thing! BTW, your handwriting is so perfect...it should be a FONT...called teacher print!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a list maker. I love lists. It's goal making at it's best :), ok, maybe not at it's best , but it is goal setting. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a list maker too! These days, my list in my head, but I need to start writing it down again. I have my on-going list all down...what I want to do to the house next, a major crayon roll order that i am working on. But, I have gotten bad at the everyday list.

    Thanks for stopping by...love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think you are OCD! I think you are perfectly normal! Because I am like that too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that cat! It's how I feel several days of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Total list maker here too! I think when you're a teacher, you almost have to be! :-) You have such an adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!