Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Mornings

I have never been a fan of Mondays.  During the school year, they usually hit me pretty hard.  Getting up at 5:30 am...wrestling with my stinkers to get them out of bed...driving to work with a list of things to accomplish running through my head...sleepy first graders that need one more day to rest (which usually means needing a little extra TLC from me *the best part of my Mondays*)...homework packets for Max...well, you get the idea.
But in the summer, things are much different.  I get up and ENJOY a cup of coffee on the back porch before my kiddos get up.  I check my email and read my favorite blogs...in the quiet!  Then I hear the pitter patter of little feet and see crazy bed-hair and sweet smiles. 
Giggles
Chit Chat
Kisses
Show and Tell
I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved these mornings. 
It makes my heart sing.
Cuddles
Hope you have enjoyed your Monday morning!
Lorri

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you teachers get a break - 5:30 is a killer! My Mom's been doing it for 29 years!!! Hope summer is going well for y'all - it looks like it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I hope your foot is healing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be up before my little stinkers but Charlie is an EARLY riser, in the summer I just tuck him back in bed with me and fall asleep, this morning it was to the sound of rain. it's killing me that June is over!!!! I want the summer to SLOW down. I love crazy bed hair too!! On my children that is, not such a fan of my own. :) Hope your foot is feeling better. xo, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Monday morning was a beautiful sunny one shared with my baby boy, my Tuesday morning however is overcast :( I love your pics, and your 2 older kiddies look just like their lovely mummy...enjoy your mornings, your coffee and your children!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet, sweet post! I'd love to meet your little munchkins!

    Be sure to stop by tomorrow and check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey friend - oh how I would love to enjoy coffee in the mornings on my back porch...or visit with you and have a cup of coffee. Enjoy one for me today. Sweet sweet pictures of those kiddos - I love them so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice morning...enjoying your coffee and having time to yourself before the day begins. I love sitting out on our deck, all by myself, and having a moment.

    I just read the post about your foot! You poor thing, it looks horrible. Take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post.
    Even first thing in the morning your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorri

    Thanks for finding my blog through Sundresses and Smiles. Your blog is lovely as is your children. I look forward to reading more so I'm going to put you on my page. I'm starting to find that I'm just reading the daily reads on my blogs more than the dashboard. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer morning are the best! Peaceful, birds singing. Thank goodness for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!