Monday, June 20, 2011

Talk about PAIN!!!

I fell down the steps on Saturday night.  Well, I didn't actually fall down the stairs....I just missed the bottom step and fell down.  The result is NOT pretty!
Other than delivering my babies, I have never felt pain like this.  When I fell, my foot/ankle rolled to both sides.  I heard several loud pops...before I passed out.  When I woke up, I could barely stand the pain.  I can't explain the pain.
I am now sporting a black, blue, and purple foot...the sized of an elephant's foot.
The x-ray showed no breaks or fractures.  I was excited about that because I just KNEW I had broken something.  But then the doctor kindly told me that I was wrong to be excited.  She explained that if I had broken it, the pain would quickly go away and would probably heal quickly...and not bother me in the future.
But instead, I managed to tear and stretch some tendons.  Oh joy.  The doctor told me it will take 2-3 months for it to heal.  She also explained that it will likely give me trouble off and on for the rest of my life.  Seriously? 
And so for now, I am wearing a brace and elevating my foot for 3 days.  Did I mention that we had a storm Saturday night that knocked out our cable, garage door opener, home phone, and Internet?  Not a good combination with being immobile.  Guess we will be doing a lot of this...
Turns out there is a good reason for my dad always calling me Grace.
Lorri

12 comments:

  1. Oh Lorri!! You poor thing!
    You DO have cute feet though....and stinkin' cute kids!!!
    (Hope it recovers quickly!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noooooo!!!! ugh! but you are still taking cute pics of your kids & blogging!! ha!! :) I hope the dr is wrong and it heals more quickly. i really wish i could bring you over dinner or take your kids for an afternoon. boo! sending big "virtual" hugs your way!!!

    xo,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor thing!!! I have a friend with the same story ~ yup, she too was happy nothing was broken until her Dr. burst her bubble. It's taken a while but she is feeling much better. Don't push it and let your body heal. Wish I lived closer to help you out.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh u poor thing!! I did this to my left ankle in '07 whilst in Hawaii (great huh) and I will never forget the pain or the sound (ouch) but today it is fine. You will always be aware of the weakness in it though :( Wishing you a speedy recovery unlike mine where I continued sight seeing in Honolulu lol which didn't help!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart!!! That is terribly painful. I feel so bad for you. If I were your neighbor, I'd come over and lend a helping hand. I hope it mends sooner than expected and the pain is bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa, that looks awful - and so painful - I'm really really sorry, lorri ... such a bummer!! and the long-term prospects sound awful too - boo :-( I broke a foot bone about 5 years ago and boy was it ever painful (and limiting, and difficult to heal, and ...), but it sounds like I should be grateful for breaking a bone and not tearing tendons, yikes!! Wish I could drop off some chicken soup to you guys ... hope you're feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OUCH! That sure does look painful. Hoping for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I feel so bad for you lorri!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor you--that sounds miserable! At least school is out so you can rest it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I am so sorry!!!! My 22 yr. old son did that to his ankle about 2 months ago. He was playing basketball and someone came down on his ankle. He was in a lot of pain, but he did heal more quickly than we thought he would. He said that his posture has made a difference. What that means is if he walks correctly(completely upright with his back straight) it doesn't put a strain on his ankle. Good luck. Sorry it happened :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch!!! Get better soon! On the brightside at least you can stay inside and enjoy the air conditioning without feeling guilty!!! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel better! I did something like that on a PIECE OF SIDEWALK CHALK last school year. Oh, I understand your pain... xox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!