Sunday, June 12, 2011

Three Things That Made Them Smile

Friday Night Fun:
Fireworks.  Face painting.  Fried Chicken.
On Friday night we headed over to see the fireworks at a local college.  Even though we hit 92 degrees earlier in the day, the evening turned out to be breezy and cool (we call 80 degrees "cool" in the summer).
Mack and I were able to sit and visit with good friends as the children enjoyed running and playing.  They threw the football and enjoyed snow cones.
Charlie spent a lot of the time picking "flowers" for me.  I held them proudly....even though they were weeds that make me sneeze.  :)
 To celebrate the fireworks in style, we had fried chicken, potato logs, and Coke.  Needless to say, I don't think I will be receiving any awards for serving the healthiest meal that night.
Annie loved the chicken....until she discovered the bone.
I have to say, this was one of my favorite nights of forced family fun we have spent together this summer.  I enjoyed every minute of watching them run and play. 
I especially loved the moment below.
Hope you had a fantastic weekend!
Lorri

7 comments:

  1. what a perfect sumer night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, what fun! I think fireworks, fried chicken, and face painting would still put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take such great pictures. I love the one of Annie running in her super cute outfit. And the funny face one with her chicken bone! And what the heck are potato logs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! the expression of your daughter finding the chicken bone is priceless!! Great summer photos - seems like another world to me - it won't even break 60 degrees here today, we've had a rough 4 days stuck int his rainy chilly rut ... would love to see some of that Georgia sunshine you've got down there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a really fun night! Your kids are so adorable too! We are just getting into the swing of enjoying summer. It also has been in the lower 70's ever since school got out so it doesn't really feel like summer just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute post!
    thank you for such sweet words about my emi's mission trip too !
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!