Sunday, July 3, 2011

"BIG!!!"

"My got a BIG boy bed!"
We are in the process of changing Charlie's room over to a big boy room.  Today was his first day to sleep in his new bed.  I took these pictures as he was waking up from his nap.
He has been telling everyone that he is getting a big boy bed.  While the kids were spending the night with BB and Pop, we took down his crib and moved in his bed.  I wish I had taken a picture of his face when he saw it for the first time.
I fully expected for him to get out of his bed at least 15 times before he fell asleep for his nap.  I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't get up a single time!  It sure would be nice if he would do that tonight. 
There is still a lot to do in his room.  Everything has to organized before the fun part can begin.  The decorating!
I have picked up a few things here and there, but there are still a few things I want need for his room.
I am on the lookout for a new lamp, some baskets for books and toys, and some fun picture frames.  The green and yellow frame above is one of several that I painted when I was decorating his nursery.  I also painted the canvas below for his nursery.  I plan on hanging it on another wall (it is currently over his bed) because it is a bit too busy with his new bedding.
Hopefully I will get to shop work on it some this week.
I think Charlie is going to love it!

*Happy 4th of July!*
Lorri


11 comments:

  1. LOVE Charlie's bedding! He looks so happy in the 2nd picture! Good for him for not getting up one time! The first night Brady slept in his big boy bed....we woke up at 1am b/c we heard something. Brady decided to get up and watch a little t.v. It was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I started redoing Will's room over a year ago...and it's still not finished! I'm impressed with what you've done. Charlie's room/bed looks great so far! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all very cute! And, Charlie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute room and Charlie is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His bedding is so cute--I love those pirate ships!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the striped bedding and I too paint all my own canvases for the house...perfect match that way! Glad he likes his new sleeping arrangements :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your sweet comment! ;) how old is Charlie? Was he climbing out of the crib? I feel like I should be switching to a big bed for my C too, but he is still so happy in his crib ( most of the time!) you'd think I'd have this all figured out the second time around! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A darling room for a darling boy!! Sweet pics of sweet dreams!! Love the shots of Charlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the cutest pirate stuff I have ever seen, most of it is so dark...this is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love his bedding. You need to pop over the blog and try to win him a new hand-painted frame for his room. Just put it up today. I'm trying to catch up tonight with my reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!