Monday, September 5, 2011

It's a God thing.

Mothers know the true meaning of unconditional love.  A love that explodes the first time you hold your baby in your arms.   A love so strong that giving your life for your child would happen without hesitation. 
Over the past two weeks, I couldn't bring myself to post.  My heart has been so broken.  Blogging about my life and children just didn't seem right. 
Two of our friends have just lived through the most difficult thing parents will ever have to go through.  To be honest, I can't even wrap my brain around it. 
"It's a God thing."
Debbie and Brian found out they were expecting a sweet pea right before the new year.  They were both very excited and looking forward to all that the upcoming months and years would bring to their lives.  But as the pregnancy progressed, they were given news that their sweet pea would not be able to survive for long after he was born.  Baby Harvey had several big complications that even the best physicians and surgeons would not be able to fix.  And so...we prayed.  We prayed for miracles.  We prayed for strength.  We prayed for comfort.  Early one morning, Debbie's water broke.  Later that afternoon, Harvey was born weighing in at 4 pounds.  He was absolutely beautiful.  Sweet Harvey spent 30 perfect hours with his mommy and daddy.  Being held and loved on.  Without any doubt, he knew and felt how much he was loved. 
And then God showed them how He had heard their prayers.  Their sweet baby no longer would feel any pain or discomfort...only the pure JOY of meeting our Heavenly Father. 
Debbie and Brian were surrounded by those who would be their strength for the days, months, and years to come.  I received a text from Debbie's sister (my sweet friend Jennifer...who happens to be my children's second mother) shortly after Harvey passed away.  The text read "Harvey made it to Heaven!!!"  Just seeing that text showed me how lucky Debbie and Brian are to have such a strong support system. 
I can't imagine how hard the upcoming months and years will be for them, but I know that they are strong.  I have seen their strength.  I know that God will carry them through the lonely nights.  When people ask me how they are doing, I reply with the same statement each time.  "It's a God thing."  He is giving them strength.  How else could they possible go through this and survive?
It is obvious that God has heard the prayers being sent up for them...and will continue to answer those prayers. 
And so, I am asking that you pray for Harvey's mommy and daddy.  For comfort and strength.
Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, this breaks my heart. I will defintely pray for them!!! A few years ago, close friends of ours lost their precious baby girl at 39 weeks due to an umbilical cord accident (knot in the cord). They too have trememdous faith and rejoice in the promise that one day, they will be reunited with their sweet baby girl in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Your post was beautiful. I can't even imagine. Such a sweet little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so sad and heartbreaking for those poor parents...my thoughts are with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart hurts for your sweet friends and their loss of such a sweet little guy. I will lift them up in prayer!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lorri. So terribly sad. I just can't even imagine. I will keep Debbie and Brian in my prayers. Your post was beautiful...I looked at the picture a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart crumbles into a million pieces for them, but I will pray. For strength and comfort and big hugs on their hardest days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying for comfort and strength for this precious couple.....can't even imagine....puts all of life into perspective for the rest of us, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God Bless them and keep them safe. That has to be the hardest thing a parent can ever experience. I'm so sorry they have to go through this pain. He is a beautiful little man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sad story, but y'all are looking at it in the best way possible. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!