Monday, January 9, 2012

You Are My Sunshine

This little girl is my sunshine.
My ladybug.
My love muffin.
My little one.
My cupcake.
My lemon drop.
My itty bitty.
Annie will be turning 6 this month.  I can't believe it. 
It still brings tears to my eyes to think about my pregnancy and her stay in the NICU.  I never want to be that scared again!  Her story (which you can read here) is a roller coaster ride, but certainly has a happy ending.  The day she came home from the hospital, she was only 4 pounds 8 oz.
This picture was taken when she was 7 weeks old.  My hands still look enormous compared to her!
My itty-bitty is growing up too fast.  She still makes smile and warms my heart every single day.
She will always be my sunshine!
Lorri

10 comments:

  1. This angel brightens my every single day...Yesterday she was sitting by McKenna and watching every move McKenna made (as M was finishing her make-up, etc. before she left for school) I told M that she had big shoes to fill cuz those precious blue eyes were drinking in every little detail...Annie reminds me so much of McKenna at her age--enjoy every single second Lorri, because before long you'll be sitting in my seat, looking at someone elses precious 6 year old wondering HOW your baby could be a senior already! I Love your Annie so much, McKenna and Maitlan promised her a "girls day"...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness lorri - i can't get over how much she looks just like herself in that 7-week old photo ... amazing!! i just read the back story of her birth - what an ordeal - but what a treasure to be celebrating her happy and healthy birthdays each year ... happy birthday to your sweet annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a cutie!! And she looks just like she did as a baby too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post--Happy Birthday to Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful girl, adorable dress. happy {almost} 6th birthday, annie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post. Her birth story is amazing. She looks so tiny at 7 weeks. Wow! Beautiful thoughts to your beautiful daughter.

    Stop by my blog tomorrow if you get a chance. I've given you a blog award :) Just wanted you to know I gave you a shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, no wonder!! That smile alone would do it!! (not to mention that gorgeous head of hair!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how are yall? hope everything is going well! annie is so beautiful - and i can't believe thats her at 7 weeks! what a miracle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you!